The Via Center offers both volunteer opportunities and formal (for credit) and informal internship programs through local colleges and universities.
- Help with Via fundraising events (Bowling Tournament, Sporting Clays, Cool White Linen Night, Corks in the Courtyard)
- Help with Via's Annual Campaign - our annual giving appeal
- Provide clerical assistance - filing, basic office duties
- Donate door prizes to give a way at events
- Hold a canned food drive to keep the emergency food pantry stocked
- Host and plan a fundraiser of your choice to benefit the Via Center
- Participate in the Neighbor-to-Neighbor program, making calls to home-bound seniors to ensure they are safe and healthy
Interns provide a vital service to the Via Center. Those selected to intern must have strong computer skills, communicate well with others and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Volunteer with the GrandFriends Program (adult day program), planning and participating in daily activities, interacting with clients and assisting with daily routines
- Interact with members and assist with Via events (Holiday Lunch, Mardis Gras parade, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day)
- Assist with fundraising events
- Computer Proctor
- Library Assistant
Via is looking for individuals in the community with the desire to offer their skills and knowledge while having fun helping others. Volunteering and interning at the Via Center is a very rewarding experience.