The Via Center is now open for vaccinated Seniors in Phase I, with all Covid safety and health protocols in place.
If you're not ready to come back, you can take classes on our online fitness portal.
Pandemic Fun! We have a new Social Distance Socializing (SDS) Program thanks to support from AARP.
Our large parking lot became a safe gathering space for Senior social distance socializing and Midtown residents. Runners, walkers, riders, dog owners and stroller babies all uplifted the spirits of Via staff and Seniors. Our Midtown Meets! grant project, with gazebos, picnic tables, dog waste/watering station, bike rack and garden beds now host all ages. It has truly become a public, intergenerational meeting place for a livable community during Covid. Via appreciates the support provided by AARP as part of the Community Challenge grant program. Come by, throw up a chair or sit at a picnic table and enjoy this new space. Thank you to the Midtown Community & AARP Foundation.
Typical Programs During Non-Pandemic
- Center for Generational Studies. Formalized partnership with the University of South Alabama Programs in Gerontology and the Via Center to research and create solutions for issues that affect seniors and their families across generations.
- GrandFriends Adult Daycare Program
- Veterans Daycare (currently have 5 Veterans enrolled)
- Emergency food pantry
- Senior public housing programs at all four sites
- Neighbor-to-Neighbor call/check in service
- Information and referral
- Disaster resource center
- Veterans programs
For more information on our Community Services and to see if you qualify, please call 251-470-5222.
Our Information and Referral Program offers knowledgeable information on topics and services for older adults and provides referrals to other community resources.
For our information about our Referral Service please call 251-470-5222.